There is nothing tastier than Homemade Whipped Cream.
Try it…It’s easy and so worth the small effort!
Homemade Whipped Cream:
Don’t succumb to settling for what comes in a package or a tub at your grocer. With two ingredients & just a few minutes, you will have the tastiest homemade whipped cream to top your special creations. Everyone will be wowed!
Type: Dessert Recipe
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 1 cup whipping cream – also called heavy cream; at least 35% milk fat
- 2 – 3 tbsp icing sugar – also called powdered sugar or confectioner’s sugar
- Tip: Keep heavy cream cold and use a chilled bowl and beaters.
- Pour 2 cups of cream into mixing bowl and beat at medium speed with a mixer until frothy and slightly thickened.
- Slowly add icing sugar, as it helps the cream hold the air beaten into it longer.
- Continue to beat until suitably thick for topping.
- Tip: DO NOT over-beat the mixture, as it will quickly turn into butter and be unusable as a whipped topping.
- Tip: This sweet cream butter, if you make that mistake, is great for muffins, etc. where you’d like sweet cream butter. So, save it in the fridge or freeze it for future use, if this happens to you.
- As it begins to thicken, turn the mixer on for a very short spurt, then off to check and attain a perfect thickness without clumping.
- Serve on pies, cakes, specialty drinks or anything else fabulous you can think of!
I hope you try to make our Homemade Whipped Cream recipe for your next special occasion.
- How to Make Homemade Maple Whipped Cream
- How to Make Haskapa Whipped Cream + Video
- How to Bake Blackberry Pie
- It’s National Strawberry Parfait Day! Make One
- How to Cook Perfect Pumpkin Pie Filling