How beautiful a shade of green — like a perfect emerald…So refreshingly minty!
Happy National Crème de Menthe Day, everyone!
Don’t know what Crème de Menthe is? Well, translated from French, it means mint cream, and it’s an alcoholic liqueur.
With so many uses for mint & CdM, I had to choose just one recipe I love so much.
I truly enjoy a mint parfait at the end of a hearty meal, or a fish dinner to take the edge off of any fats, and provide that hit of something tangy & sweet.
Type: Dessert Recipe
Serve with: whipped cream, maraschino cherry
Prep Time: 6 min
- 1 oz Crème de Menthe + splashes
- ~ 3 scoops ice cream
- 2-3 tbsp whipped cream
- 1 maraschino cherry
- chocolate shavings – optional
- sprig of mint – optional
- The parfait begins with about an ounce of Crème de Menthe in the bottom of a tall, slim glass.
- Add one scoop of ice cream and splash with a little more mint liqueur. Repeat until glass is full alternating with ice cream and a splash of CdM, finishing with a splash of liqueur.
- Finish with a big, fluffy plop of homemade whipped cream, a maraschino cherry, and optionally chocolate shavings & a sprig of mint.
The maraschino cherry is the crowning glory of this heavenly parfait.
Try out this Adult Recipe…You’ll just love it!
Here is a similar show I did with Kimberly, but I used my mint jelly. This can be substituted with Crème de Menthe:
Doesn’t this just look gorgeous with that bright green mint liqueur dripping down into the empty, open crevasses of the ice cream parfait! Trickling down to make deliciousness…
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Alcoholic Beverage on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Crème de Menthe Parfaits
- How to Make Angel Kiss Shots + Video
- National Chocolate Milkshake Day: How to Make Chocolate Milkshakes
- National Cherries Jubilee Day Deserves a Flambéed Recipe
- How to Make an Ice Cream Sundae