A favorite at our house is tapioca pudding, but a unique twist to that recipe is How to Make Lavender Tapioca Pudding.
The lavender plants in my kitchen garden have matured beautifully this year, and I love to scent my lingerie drawers and linen closets with lavender, so adding lavender to food recipes is another exciting way to enjoy lavender.
I infuse the milk in this recipe with a fresh lavender stalk and leaves, as well as adding some beautiful dried lavender buds to the pudding mixture, so you get little bursts of lavender throughout the pudding.
Lavender Tapioca Pudding:
I use Minute Tapioca, but any other kind of tapioca can be used.
Type: Dessert Recipe
Prep Time: 30 min
Yield: 3 – 4 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 3 tbsp Minute Tapioca
- 2 3/4 cups milk
- 1 egg – slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup + 1 tsp sugar
- 1 fresh lavender stalk with leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried lavender buds – I used Neob Culinary Lavender.
- dash of salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Into a medium sized sauce pan, add egg & milk and whisk together.
- Whisk in until well combined, salt, sugar, Minute Tapioca and float lavender stalk with leaves on top. Give it a good stir.
- Allow to stand for at least 5 min.
- With heat on medium, bring pudding mixture up to a full bubbling boil, stirring constantly, so it doesn’t burn.
- Remove from heat immediately.
- Stir in vanilla and remove lavender stalk.
- Fold in lavender buds.
- Allow pudding to cool for about 10 min and give it a good stir. In another 10 min, give pudding another thorough stir.
- Fill parfait dessert glasses with pudding and garnish each glass with a few lavender buds and a little leaf of fresh lavender, if you have it.
- Note: Pudding can be served warm or cold.
- Option: If desired, the pudding can be served with a dollop of whipped cream, then garnished with lavender buds.
6 Scoops Recipe Challenge:
I made this recipe for How to Make Lavender Tapioca Pudding for the 6 Scoops Recipe Challenge at 6Scoops.com to help the less fortunate who are struggling to put sufficient nourishing food on their tables.
I nominate my friends to participate in the 6 Scoops Challenge and show that they care and recognize the needs of others:
- Lisa MacKinnon and her daughter, Talia in New Zealand
- Sterling Riles
- Robert Palmer
- Jewelz Harvey
You have 24 hours to make something tasty & post it to 6Scoops.com. Alternatively, you can donate to Action Against Hunger:
I like to flavor other recipes with refreshing lavender, as well. Check them out too.
- Lavender Lamb Loin Chops
- Green Beans with Lavender Butter
- Grilled Corn-on-the-Cob with Lavender Compound Butter
- Lavender Lemonade
- Lavender Lemon Water
I hope you try this recipe for Lavender Tapioca Pudding, and fancy up an old classic.
- How to Cook Rosewater Tapioca Pudding
- Pudding Season Begins: Try Smores Bread Pudding
- How to Cook Green Beans with Lavender Butter + Video
- National Butterscotch Pudding Day a Hit with Creamy Recipe
- Tempting Pudding Recipe for National Chocolate Day