National Sundae Day is November 11th, and on this day, How to Make Creamy Vanilla Ice Cream is a great thing to have under your belt.
I’m a believer in making my own ice cream, and enhancing the finished product with real whipped cream, your favorite nuts or fruit, and a maraschino on top.
How to Make Vanilla Bean Ice Cream:
My ice cream recipe for vanilla ice cream follows, yielding about 1 quart of ice cream.
Type: Dessert Recipe
Serve with: homemade whipped cream
Prep Time: 8 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Refrigeration Time: 24 hrs
Freeze Time: as directed by ice cream maker
Serves: 1 quart ice cream
- In a medium sauce pan, combine 1 1/4 cups heavy cream, fine sugar & salt.
- Split a vanilla bean in half lengthwise and scrape the seeds into the cream mixture; also, add the bean.
- Simmer on medium low heat and stir to dissolve sugar.
- Pour mixture into bowl.
- Add in and stir, 2 1/4 cups heavy cream & whole milk (and vanilla extract, only if you haven’t used vanilla bean).
- Refrigerate for 24 hours, then remove the vanilla bean.
- Pour mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze as directed.
How to Make an Ice Cream Sundae:
- 2 – 3 scoops ice cream
- drizzle syrup – chocolate, butterscotch, maple or fruit
- strawberries or other fruit
- nuts – if desired
- homemade whipped cream – to top
- maraschino cherry with stem
- Place 2 or 3 scoops of ice cream in a bowl.
- Drizzle any syrup you like – chocolate, butterscotch, maple or fruit syrup.
- Drop 3 sliced strawberries around the ice cream or any fruit you prefer.
- Top with whipped cream.
- Sprinkle nuts over the sundae, if you desire.
- Finally, top with a maraschino cherry with its stem on.
National Sundae Day is such a sweet celebration!
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Dessert Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make an Ice Cream Sundae
- National Butterscotch Pudding Day a Hit with Creamy Recipe
- How to Make Homemade Maple Whipped Cream
- It’s National Strawberry Parfait Day! Make One
- National Caramel Month: How to Make Cream Caramels