The only thing I like better than cobbler is a cobbler that’s super easy, super quick to make!
Well, here’s your prayers answered…This easy cobbler is made with bread. That’s right, bread.
Check out how simple this recipe is to create, and how fast you can prepare it. Then, you just wait for the baked goodness to come out of your oven. Amazing!
Try it out with different fruits too.
Type: Dessert Recipe
Serve With: vanilla ice cream or homemade whipped cream.
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 50 mins – 1 hr
Yield: 10 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below.
- 1 loaf bread – Sliced & cut into 1″ pieces; I used a homemade multigrain loaf this time
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 apples – peeled, cored & chopped into 1″ pieces
- 4 cups rhubarb – chopped
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp lemon finishing sugar – * Optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice & cut all ingredients that need to be prepared.
- Mix together eggs, milk, vanilla extract, flour and sugar in a large bowl on medium speed for approximately 1 minute or until sugar is dissolved. Pour over bread in a large bowl and allow to soak briefly.
- Grease a 9″ x 13″ baking dish with non-stick spray, butter or oil.
- Arrange fruit on bottom of dish.
- Pour bread mixture on top of fruit. Sprinkle with finishing sugar (or plain sugar), if desired.
- Bake in oven for 1 hr on center rack or until the center is set.
- Remove from oven and let it sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Serve with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
I hope you enjoy this Rhubarb Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Bake Strawberry Banana Bread
- How to Bake Damson Plum Banana Quick Bread
- How to Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread from Scratch
- How to Bake Smores Bread Pudding
- How to Bake Raspberry Banana Bread