This works well for pie and tarts…Just delicious!
It’s sweet, it’s spicy, it’s thick & creamy. Just right for all of those holiday tables.
Type: Dessert Recipe
Serve With: homemade whipped cream
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 45 – 50 min for a large pie
Yield: enough for 2 pies
- 4 1/2 cups pure pumpkin
- one 14 oz. can evaporated milk
- 5 egg whites – beaten until they hold a peak, but not stiff or dry
- 5 egg yolks – beaten separately
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar – packed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar – for egg whites
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- Mix together thoroughly pumpkin, evaporated milk, molasses, syrup, sugars, spices and beaten egg yolks in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat egg whites until they hold a peak, but not stiff.
- Fold into mixture.
- Fill pie shells and bake at 350 degrees F for ~ 45 – 50 min or until a knife in the middle of the pie comes out cleanly.
- Serve with homemade whipped cream and enjoy!
Mmm…No Holiday table should be without a pumpkin pie. Don’t have company without it!
I hope you try out this Pumpkin Pie Filling recipe for your holiday feast.
[tags]pumpkin pie filling, pumpkin pie, pumpkin, dessert, pie, Thanksgiving, Christmas, dessert[/tags]
- How to Make Pumpkin Pie: National Pumpkin Day
- How to Cook Brandy Cardamom Pumpkin Custard
- How to Bake Sensational Southern Sweet Potato Pie
- How to Make Bavarian Cream Pie: National Bavarian Cream Pie Day
- How to Make Christmas Eggnog