Crème Brûlée is one of my very favorite desserts out there!
Crème brûlée is one of the divine gifts of the dessert world that is simply scrumptious with only 4 ingredients.
Ooey Gooey Crème Brûlée:
- Caution: Be prepared to become absolutely addicted to these babies!
Type: Dessert Recipe
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks – Organic eggs are best.
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream – This is the same as heavy cream.
- Preheat oven to 305 degrees F.
- In sauce pan on medium heat, mix cream and 3 tbsp of the sugar. Stir gently until bubbles form around edges of sauce pan. This will take approximately 7 min.
- Beat egg yolks and vanilla extract until smooth and fluffy in a mixing bowl.
- Pour above hot mixture from sauce pan into the egg yolks a little bit at a time. Beat constantly until well combined.
- Tip: Otherwise, you’ll end up with scrambled eggs.
- Strain mixture through a wire sieve and pour equal portions into 4 buttered ramekins or custard bowls.
- Arrange them in a large flat baking pan, and put on the middle shelf of the preheated oven.
- Pour boiling water to 1/2 way up the sides of the ramekins.
- Tip: Make sure to put water in baking pan after placing the ramekins in the oven. Otherwise, you’ll splash water into the mixture and risk the chance of scalding yourself and ruining your crème brûlée.
- Cover with aluminum foil loosely.
- Bake until mixture is barely set – approximately 28 – 30 min.
- Tip: Ramekins will be very hot. Be careful when removing them from the oven.
- Chill from 2.5 – 3.25 hrs in refrigerator.
- Evenly sprinkle the remaining sugar over top of chilled custard.
- With a brûlée torch or blow torch, rotate the flame over the top of the surface of the custard until sugar melts, bubbles and caramelizes.
- Serve immediately with a dollop of whipping cream or ice cream, if desired.
- Note: Pre-torched custard may be prepared ahead and kept refrigerated for use later. Just fire up the torch and serve immediately.
Enjoy this delectable Crème Brûlée in all of its glory!
- How to Make Crème Caramel Flan: Cinco de Mayo Fiesta
- How to Make Bavarian Cream Pie: National Bavarian Cream Pie Day
- National Dessert Day: How to Bake Fudge Chiffon Cake
- How to Make Kimberly’s Easy Cream Sauce for Desserts
- How to Bake Pumpkin Cheesecake: National Pumpkin Cheesecake Day