Here’s a super tasty recipe for How to Make Haskapa Parfaits with Bee Pollen.
The haskap berry is indigenous to Russia and now grows in Canadian provinces, most notably Nova Scotia. The taste is like a combination of blueberry, elderberry, cranberry and is larger than a blueberry, about 1 inch and elongated in shape, frosty, deep purplish with sweet, crimson flesh.
I have become acquainted with this plump, tasty haskap berry over the past year and have found that it is a very versatile fruit, perfect for tarts, pies, glazes, vinaigrettes, and more. It has easily become one of my favorite fruits and I am excited to share this recipe with you.
Haskapa Parfaits with Bee Pollen:
Type: Dessert Recipe
Prep Time: 6 min
Yield: 2 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- about 6 tsp Haskapa Jam
- 4 large scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 2 sprinklings of bee pollen – I used Charlie-Bee Pure Natural Bee Pollen.
- Have available parfait glasses or tall slender glasses and long-handled dessert spoons.
- Place about 1 tsp haskap jam in the bottom of each glass.
- Follow with a large scoop of ice cream.
- Then, place another tsp of haskap jam and spread around the edges of the ice cream.
- Follow with another scoop of ice cream.
- Top with another dollop of haskap jam and then a sprinkling of natural bee pollen on each glass.
Serve immediately or place into freezer until ready to serve as a dessert or a scrumptious snack.
What a beautiful, decadent and delicious Haskapa Parfail with Bee Pollen, that you could be proud to serve to your family or guests.
- How to Make Haskapa Lime Milkshakes + Video
- Web Chef Review: Haskapa Jam
- Web Chef Review: Haskapa Jalapeño Haskap Relish
- How to Make Raspberry Parfaits with Napa Valley Raspberry Vinegar Reduction
- How to Make Haskapa Whipped Cream + Video