When we were in university, there were times I would use my slow cooker, or prepare our meals before we would go to school in the morning, so they’d be ready by dinnertime when we hit the door.
One day, I decided to put frozen chicken in the oven on the lowest setting we had, and by the time we came home…admittedly, a few hours later than expected…we had a most wonderful surprise and meal! It’s a meal you can set and forget! Enjoy!
Type: Main Dish Recipe
Serve With: Roasted Potatoes
Prep Time: ~ 5 min
Cook Time: ~ 4 hrs
Yield: 1 Chicken Quarter/person, or 2 Thighs/person
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below:
- In an appropriate sized baking dish, arrange chicken pieces skin side up after sprinkling with sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper. * Tip: Frozen chicken works perfect…In fact, that is exactly what I use.
- 2. Put chicken in oven uncovered at 200 degrees for about 4 hrs (or more if you like…it cooks so slowly, it doesn’t really matter). * Tip: Add small, peeled potatoes that have been coated lightly in olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper, or whole carrots the same way. Do not pile them; instead, make sure they are all laid flat.
- 3. Take chicken out of oven and cut a piece to the bone to ensure juices run clear. * Tip: If you added vegetables make sure they are tender. * Tip: You will no doubt end up with a lot of wonderful chicken juices in your baking dish. You may use this for gravy or pour over your roasted potatoes…Yum! For a great gravy, substitute with chicken drippings and use this perfect recipe: http://CookingWithKimberly.com/?p=108
I hope you enjoyed this Chicken Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly. Until next time…
[tags]roasted chicken, roasting, chicken, chicken quarters, roast chicken, chicken thighs, chicken skin, main dish[/tags]
- How to Roast Smoked Paprika Potato Bites
- How to Roast Smoked Paprika Whole Chicken
- How to Roast a Turkey Quarter with Web Chef, Kimberly Edwards
- How to Roast Turkey Legs
- How to Cook ‘Perfect Taste’ Dry Rub Baked Chicken Breasts