National Angel Food Cake Day, and it’s a spongy, sweet, delicious one!
One of the great things about angel cake is that the cake mixes are almost as good as making them from scratch & the already baked ones at your supermarket are a viable alternative as well.
How to Enhance an Angel Food Cake:
There are many interesting ways to enhance angel food cakes, but here’s one idea that I use over and over again, varying the filling.
- Slice about 2 inches off the top of the cake.
- Remove some of the cake by gouging out a channel from the bottom portion of the cake.
- This channel can then be filled with lemon curd, ice cream, whipped cream or other fillings you prefer.
- Return the slice from the top to cover the filling again.
- Frost the cake with a light frosting or with regular flavored whipped cream.
Top with berries, if desired!
What an impressive sight when the cake is sliced only to find a beautiful & tasty filling hiding inside.
Enjoy your National Angel Food Cake Day!
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Dessert on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Bake Chiffon Cake: National Cake Day
- How to Bake Angel Food Cake
- About the Bundt Pan: National Bundt Day
- It’s National Strawberry Parfait Day! Make One
- How to Make Cheesecake Bite Ice Cream Cake + Video