Doesn’t Strawberries & Cream with Ice Wine Syrup sound superb for Canada Day?
Just make sure you prepare enough for seconds.
How to Make Strawberries & Cream with Ice Wine Syrup:
Ice Wine Syrup is non-alcoholic, so it’s fine for everyone to enjoy drizzled on desserts.
Ice wine syrup is available @ Harvest Barn Country Markets in Southern Ontario.
Type: Dessert Recipe
Prep Time: 30 min
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 quarts fresh strawberries – washed, hulled and sliced
- 1 – 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1/4 cup ice wine syrup
- sprigs of mint – optional; for garnish
- Place prepared berries into a large mixing bowl.
- Add white sugar and stir through. Allow to sit refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Whip heavy cream in another bowl, adding icing sugar half way through whipping process and continue to whip until soft peaks form. * Tip: Do not over-whip.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready to serve, place berries into individual dessert dishes, top with a dollop of whipped cream and drizzle about 1 tsp of ice wine syrup over cream.
Strawberries & Cream with Ice Wine Syrup is a lovely dessert that everyone is sure to enjoy this Canada Day!
- How to Macerate Strawberries + Video
- How to Make Homemade Maple Whipped Cream
- How to Make Cheesecake Bite Ice Cream Cake + Video
- It’s National Strawberry Parfait Day! Make One
- National Strawberry Cream Pie Day: Thriller Recipe