Type: Dessert Recipe
Prep Time: 10 min + 1 hr refrigeration to chill
Yield: 1 large bowl – about 9 cups of dessert
- 1 can Mandarin orange sections – No juice; please drain off.
- 1 can pineapple chunks – No juice; please drain off.
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 2 3/4 cups sliced bananas
- 3/4 cup miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup green seedless grapes
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-2 cups (depending on your taste) homemade whipped cream
- Gently stir together all fruits, marshmallows and sugar. * Tip: Be sure to drain canned fruit. The juice is not needed and will ruin the dessert’s texture.
- Then, very gently, fold in the whipped cream. Please see my very easy, Homemade Whipped Cream recipe.
- So that the flavors meld together, refrigerate, covered, for 4-10 hrs. * Tip: You may serve after 1 hr for time purposes, but it tastes even more delicious the longer you’ll be able to wait! 🙂
- Serve for dessert or a wonderful treat! Enjoy!
This is so worth the waiting time to chill, but you may not be able to contain yourself. I bet you’ll sneak a bite or 2!
I hope you enjoyed this Holiday Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly. Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 🙂
[tags]ambrosia, ambrosia salad, dessert recipe, fruit recipe, Holiday recipe, Christmas recipe, Thanksgiving recipe, Easter recipe[/tags]
- How to Cook Perfect Pumpkin Pie Filling
- How to Bake Kimberly’s Incredible Ritz Cracker Pie
- How to Cook Prunes Stewed in Orange Juice
- How to Make Homemade Maple Whipped Cream
- How to Make Coeur la Crème: Valentine’s Day Treats