National Strawberry Cream Pie Day will prove to be thrilling if you want to celebrate in proper style!
Strawberries & custard cream, I mean, all inside of a pie. What could be more decadently delicious than something that sounds like that?!
How to Make Strawberry Cream Pie:
Type: Pie Recipe
Serve with: topped with homemade whipped cream
Prep Time: 10 min
Bake Time: 8 – 10 min
Cool Time: 4 – 5 min
- fresh strawberries – enough to cover 1 layer of pie
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 5 egg yolks
- 2 2/3 cups whole milk
- cooked pie crust
- Quarter enough hulled strawberries to cover 1 layer of pie.
- In a mixing bowl, stir in 1/4 cup sugar with strawberries. Set aside.
- To make custard cream, using a heavy saucepan, whisk 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch and salt until blended.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg yolks and whole milk together.
- Gradually whisk milk mixture into hot saucepan on medium heat until there are no more yellow streaks left. Bring up to a simmer, stirring consistently.
- Ladle cream custard into pie crust til 3/4 full. Allow to cool partially.
- Carefully, make a layer of strawberries around the top of the cream mixture.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
This is not only delicious, but it’s a stunning dessert!
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Strawberry Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Fantastically Decadent Fruit Trifle
- How to Make Bavarian Cream Pie: National Bavarian Cream Pie Day
- Happy National Chocolate Pudding Day – How to Make It!
- Decadent National Caramel Custard Day Recipe
- How to Bake Mom’s Rhubarb Pie