Here’s How to Grill Pineapple Dessert for a very special Father’s Day!
How to Grill Pineapple Dessert:
This is so quick & easy, and tasty enough to compete with any labor intensive dessert.
Type: Dessert Recipe
Prep Time: 10 min
Grill Time: 10 min
Yield: 6 – 8 servings
- 1 large pineapple – peeled and sliced; slices at least 1/2 inch thick
- 4 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 6 – 8 maraschino cherries
- 1 tbsp maraschino cherry juice
- Spray the grill rack with kitchen spray or brush with some kind of oil or fat.
- Place pineapple slices on the hot grill. When nice grill marks have formed on the bottom, flip slices over and allow to cook until nicely browned on the other side.
- Remove slices from the grill and set aside on a large platter.
- In a saute pan, heat the butter, brown sugar and maraschino cherry juice until it just begins to bubble and all sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat.
- Take each pineapple slice and dip each one into the sugar mixture. Return each slice to the grill until barely browned – no more than 1 minute on each side.
- Remove from heat and place slices on to a serving tray.
- Place 1 maraschino cherry in the middle of each slice and pour the remaining sugar mixture over the pineapple slices.
- Serve immediately with whipped cream available for each diner to serve themselves.
This delicious recipe for how to grill pineapple dessert is so outstanding that you might think of doubling the recipe, as there are sure to be requests for seconds.
- How to Bake Pineapple Upside-Down Cake: Mother’s Day Delights
- How to Grill Peach Summertime Dessert: Father’s Day Flavor
- How to Cook Holiday Ham from Heaven
- How to Cook French Toast: National French Toast Day
- National Butterscotch Pudding Day a Hit with Creamy Recipe