So tangy, sweet and fresh tasting, you will always find room for one more.
How to Bake Rhubarb Tarts:
Type: Dessert Recipe
Prep Time: 20 min
Maceration Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 30 – 40 min
Cool Time: 40 min
Tart Shell Bake Time: ~ 8 – 12 min
Yield: ~ 3 – 4 cups cooked rhubarb filling; enough to fill 24 tart shells
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 24 baked tart shells – purchased or homemade crust
- 5 cups fresh rhubarb – diced
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup tapioca
- few drops fresh lemon juice
- dash salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup water
- In large sauce pan, measure 1/2 cup water and add in rhubarb, lemon juice and salt.
- Combine well and allow to stand for at least 20 min, as juices flow from the rhubarb. Stir every 5 min.
- Place sauce pan on medium heat and slowly bring mixture to boil, stirring frequently, until rhubarb is very tender. Remove from heat and allow to cool at room temperature.
- Add tapioca and sugar to cooled mixture and combine well. Allow to stand for 10 min.
- Return mixture to heat, on medium, bringing the filling to a gradual boil, stirring constantly. When it reaches the boil, and starts to thicken, cook for another 30 to 40 sec.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter until it melts. Allow to cool to just above room temperature. If you prefer a brighter color, a few drops of red coloring may be stirred in at this time.
- Fill tart shells with filling.
These pretty tarts are delightfully flavorful and can be served with toppings of your choice, and a berry or mint leaf.
Once you have learned how to make Rhubarb Tarts, you will likely make them often as people will request more & more.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Mother’s Day Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- Web Chef Review: Molly B’s Gluten-Free Kitchen Ready to Bake Tart Shells
- How to Prepare & Store Rhubarb + Video
- How to Cook Lemon Pie Filling
- How to Make Bread Crust Date Butter Tartlets
- How to Bake Mom’s Rhubarb Pie