It’s National Chocolate Day, and we must celebrate!
Chocolate, as we know it, comes from the pod of the cocoa tree.
Chocolate syrup is extracted from the hulled cocoa beans & solid cakes are molded from it.
The hulled beans contain cocoa butter, which is a natural vegetable fat, and this melts in the grinding process and a lovely dark brown fluid or chocolate liquor is reserved from the cakes, and ground into powder.
With so many varieties and so many recipes, it’s hard to choose just one.
However, I don’t know too many people that don’t love chocolate pudding…especially the really tasty stuff you make yourself at home from scratch, not from a box!
How to Make Chocolate Pudding:
One of my family’s favorite is Chocolate Pudding, and rightly so…
With the rich, creamy texture, warm or cold, a silky smooth delight awaits, and all the ingredients are just sitting in your fridge & pantry.
Get in your kitchen & start making this treat to celebrate the day!
Type: Dessert Recipe
Serve with: a smile
Prep Time: 8-10 min
Freeze Time: 1 hr – 1 hr 30 min
- 2 cups milk + 1/3 cup cold milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 oz unsweetened chocolate – chopped
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium sized saucepan, mix milk, sugar, chocolate and salt over medium low heat.
- Stir until chocolate has melted.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch with 1/3 cup cold milk, possibly using a whisk to get out all clumps.
- Stir cornstarch slurry into the saucepan with the chocolate mixture slowly on medium heat until it simmers.
- Turn heat to low and keep stirring. Allow the pudding mixture to continue simmering for a full minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.
So creamy, chocolatey & delicious! I do hope National Chocolate Day treats you well.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Chocolate Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- National Butterscotch Pudding Day a Hit with Creamy Recipe
- Happy National Chocolate Pudding Day – How to Make It!
- National White Chocolate Day: Decadent Mousse Recipe
- How to Cook Rosewater Tapioca Pudding
- How to Bake Indian Pudding: National Indian Pudding Day