One of my favorite flavors out there is that of butterscotch, and being that it’s National Butterscotch Pudding Day, I am feeling celebratory.
Butterscotch is still alive & kicking when you ask your taste buds. It’s rich, it’s sweet, it’s just like home.
Puddings are usually creamy, thick desserts thickened with cornstarch and hot sugar. Plus, puddings are easy to make with delicious consequences.
How to Cook Butterscotch Pudding:
Type: Dessert Recipe
Serve with: whipped cream, maraschino cherry
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 10-12 min
Serves: 2 people
- 3 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp heavy cream
- 3 1/4 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup milk – cold
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- whipped cream – optional
- Using a heavy-bottomed saucepan to avoid scorching, melt butter adding brown sugar and cook until it’s bubbly on medium heat.
- Add heavy cream slowly, stirring to incorporate, and make sure everything is dissolved and well blended.
- Take hot mixture off the heat.
- In a separate bowl, thoroughly mix cornstarch with cold milk and gradually add to the hot mixture over medium heat.
- Stir well until the pudding reaches a simmer. Cook for 1 minute and take off the heat.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Cool & serve in gorgeous glassware or bowls, maybe even layered with homemade whipped cream.
Place a maraschino cherry on the top and you’ve got such a special treat…
So, have a Happy National Butterscotch Pudding Day!
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoyed this British Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Creamy Vanilla Bean Ice Cream: National Sundae Day
- Tempting Pudding Recipe for National Chocolate Day
- Happy National Chocolate Pudding Day – How to Make It!
- How to Make an Ice Cream Sundae
- How to Make Banana Rum Pudding with Toasted Coconut