There are times when I truly enjoy a Crème de Menthe Parfait at the end of a hearty meal, or a fish dinner to take the edge off of any fats, and provide that hit of something tangy & sweet.
Type: Dessert Recipe
Serve with: whipped cream, maraschino cherry
Prep Time: 6 min
- 1 oz Crème de Menthe + splashes
- ~ 3 scoops French vanilla ice cream
- 2-3 tbsp whipped cream
- 1 maraschino cherry
- chocolate shavings – optional
- sprig of mint – optional
- The parfait begins with about an ounce of Crème de Menthe in the bottom of a high ball glass.
- Add one scoop of ice cream and splash with a little more mint liqueur. Repeat until glass is full alternating with ice cream and a splash of CdM, finishing with a splash of liqueur.
- Finish with a big, fluffy plop of homemade whipped cream, a maraschino cherry, and optionally chocolate shavings & a sprig of mint.
The maraschino cherry as the paramount of this heavenly parfait is the perfect garnish.
Try out this Adult Recipe…You’ll just love it!
Here is a similar show I did with my Kimberly, but I used my mint jelly. This can be substituted with Crème de Menthe:
Doesn’t this look unbelievable with the vibrant color of the green mint liqueur dripping down into the open cavities of the ice cream parfait oozing down to make utter minty delight!
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Sweets Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make National Crème de Menthe Day Parfaits
- National Cherries Jubilee Day Deserves a Flambéed Recipe
- National Chocolate Milkshake Day: How to Make Chocolate Milkshakes
- How to Make Angel Kiss Shots + Video
- How to Make an Ice Cream Sundae