Whether they are small white onions, pearl onions, small red onions, shallots or any other type of small onion…and you need to peel a lot of them at one time…here’s the trick!
Boil a pot of water large enough to accommodate the amount of onions you are needing to peel. Once the water in the pot is boiling, put the onions in and boil for 1 min.
Then, strain them in a colander or fish them out with a hand-held strainer, and plunge them into very cold water.
When you rub the onion, the skin peels right off, and in fact, you can peel as many layers off of the onion you desire!
This tip works especially well when using a lot of onions in a recipe, such as canning or pickling onions!
I hope you enjoyed this Cooking Tip on Cooking With Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Pickle Hot Peppers: National Pickled Peppers Month
- How to Can Dill Pickles: National Pickle Day
- How to Cook Sensational Scalloped Potatoes
- How to Use Salt to Season Boiled Food
- How to Get Rid of Your Cold Onion