This custard is a bit more work than some other puddings, but it’s worth it for National Caramel Custard Day!
How to Make Caramel Custard:
I have a lovely recipe that I have successfully used over the years for a change or even for service at dinner parties. Try it…you’ll love it!
Type: Dessert Recipe
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups milk – warm
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp hot water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Heat in a medium saucepan on medium heat, 1 cup sugar until dissolved. * Tip: Do not boil until sugar is totally dissolved.
- Increase heat to medium high and bring to a boil for 2 minutes covered.
- Remove lid & continue to cook until caramel darkens. It should reach a dark amber color. * Tip: Do not burn – be careful!
- Remove from heat and gently stir in 3 tbsp hot water.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, eggs & salt, and slowly stir into the caramel mixture on low heat until caramel and milk/egg mixture are totally combined.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract, stirring until combined evenly.
- Pour into ramekins or a large pudding bowl.
- Cool in refrigerator covered with plastic wrap.
This is delicious served as is or with homemade whipped cream.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Sweet Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Crème Caramel Flan: Cinco de Mayo Fiesta
- How to Cook Ooey Gooey Crème Brûlée
- How to Make Bavarian Cream Pie: National Bavarian Cream Pie Day
- How to Make Caramel Apples: Caramel Apple Day
- National Caramel Month: How to Make Cream Caramels