The 2nd Thursday in October marks National Dessert Day!
In fact, there are times that we could very well enjoy dessert for every course of our meal.
Satisfy your sweet tooth for a fudge chiffon cake recipe.
How to Bake Fudge Chiffon Cake:
For this recipe, use a 10 inch tube pan, and room temperature ingredients.
Type: Cake Recipe
Serve with: chocolate icing, ice cream or whipped cream
Prep Time: 15 – 20 min
Bake Time: 55 – 65 min
Serves: 6 – 8
- 3/4 cup water – boiling
- 1 1/2 cups cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp instant coffee
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups cake flour – sifted
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 9 egg whites
- 3/4 tsp cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, combine boiling water, cocoa powder and instant coffee. Cool mixture.
- Mix in vegetable oil, egg yolks, and vanilla extract.
- In a big bowl, thoroughly combine cake flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda & salt.
- Add cocoa mixture and whisk until there are no lumps.
- In a separate large bowl from your mixer, whip egg whites with cream of tartar on medium speak until you get soft peaks.
- Gradually incorporate sugar and beat egg whites until stiff.
- Fold egg whites into cocoa mixture.
- Spread into cake pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 55 – 65 min.
- Cool upside down.
Serve frosted with chocolate icing, and top with ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Now that you have this beautiful recipe, go ahead and enjoy your National Dessert Day!
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Dessert Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Bake Sponge Cake: National Boston Cream Pie Day
- How to Bake Chiffon Cake: National Cake Day
- How to Bake Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake: National Chocolate Day
- How to Bake Black Bottom Cupcakes for National Chocolate Cupcake Day
- How to Bake a Christmas Chocolate Log + Video