Why not make Banana Rum Pudding with Toasted Coconut and feel like you’re on an island?
That’s what I did tonight, and you’ll be so glad you did, if you go ahead and try this Pudding Recipe.
- 3 ripe bananas – sliced
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract – please use real extract!
- 1 tbsp dark rum
- 4 tbsp shredded coconut – toasted
- In a large sauce pan, quickly mix sugar, corn starch and salt.
- On medium heat, add 3 cups milk and heat until very warm.
- To a small bowl of 2 egg yolks, add a few tbsp at a time of the warm milk and mix with a fork, so the egg yolks don’t cook and scramble. Add up to 1/2 cup, then add mixture back into the sauce pan on medium heat, stirring continuously.
- Whisk mixture continuously on low heat until very thick, like pudding consistency, which will take between 5-8 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat, and add butter, vanilla extract, rum and bananas and stir.
- Immediately pour into pudding glasses or ramekins.
- Top with toasted coconut when ready to serve, whether you serve it cold or hot.
* Tip: When storing in the refrigerator to cool, you may cover with plastic wrap touching top of pudding to prevent a skin from forming.
I hope you enjoyed this Banana Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Bake Gingered Coconut Banana Bread for the Bread Machine
- Happy National Chocolate Pudding Day – How to Make It!
- How to Bake Candied Ginger Banana Bread
- How to Cook Rosewater Tapioca Pudding
- How to Bake Tropical Fruit Bread for the Bread Machine