Also, my father always used to put some of the whipped cream into his coffee during dessert and I never wanted to change the flavor. None of us drink coffee now, so I can play around with flavors a bit more!
If you’ve never made your own whipped cream at home, you have no idea what you’re missing! You’ll never purchase store-bought whipped cream again…EVER! It’s super easy and super quick too! Try it!
Type: Dessert Recipe
Serve With: Holiday pies, tarts, cakes, specialty drinks and other desserts
Prep Time: 5-7 min
Yield: 2 cups worth of cream?
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (minus 2 tbsp) – 35% fat
- 2 1/2 tbsp maple syrup – * Tip: Please use real maple syrup, not maple-flavored syrup.
- 1/2 tbsp icing sugar – also called powdered sugar
* Tip: Keep heavy cream cold and use a chilled bowl and beaters.
- Pour 2 cups of cream into mixing bowl and beat at medium speed until frothy and slightly thickened.
- Slowly add maple syrup & icing sugar, as it helps the cream hold the air beaten into it longer.
- Continue to beat until suitably thick for topping. * Tip: DO NOT overbeat the mixture, as it will quickly turn into butter and be unusable as a whipped topping. * Tip: This sweet cream butter, if you make that mistake, is great for muffins, etc. where you’d like sweet cream butter. So, save it in the fridge or freeze it for future use, if this happens to you.
- As it begins to thicken, turn the mixer on for a very short spurt, then off to check and attain a perfect thickness without clumping.
- Serve on pies, cakes, specialty drinks or anything else fabulous you can think of.
This whipped cream is perfect to top the Brandy Cardamom Pumpkin Custard recipe I have!
If you’re looking for the Traditional Whipped Cream Recipe, click the link.
I hope you enjoyed this Holiday Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly! Until next time…
P.S. Can’t find real maple syrup @ your grocer? It’s worth getting the real thing:
- How to Make Our Homemade Whipped Cream
- It’s National Strawberry Parfait Day! Make One
- How to Cook Brandy Cardamom Pumpkin Custard
- How to Make Amazing Angel Pie
- How to Make Mom’s Unforgettable Ambrosia Salad