Well, the USA thinks so, as June 25th is National Strawberry Parfait Day!
Parfaits are a perfect way to enjoy the fresh, summer strawberries available at local markets, fruit stands and grocers this season, making them just a bit more sinfully delicious with homemade whipped cream.
There are many variations of this tasty treat, with adding cubes of sponge cake or cheesecake, different berries or even bananas, topping with sprinkles, granola, even chocolate bar crumbs.
However, we will let you use your own imagination when it comes to compiling this scrumptious delight, and give you the basic recipe to play with.
Prep Time: 12 min
Yield: serves 4
- 3 cups strawberries – cleaned, hulled and sliced
- 2 cups heavy cream – cold
- 2 1/2 tbsp icing sugar – granulated sugar can be substituted
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- Clean, hull and slice berries, and combine in a bowl with granulated sugar.
- Pour 2 cups of cream into mixing bowl and beat at medium speed until frothy and slightly thickened.
- Slowly add icing sugar, as it helps the cream hold the air beaten into it longer.
- Continue to beat until suitably thick for topping. * Tip: DO NOT overbeat the mixture, as it will quickly turn into butter and be unusable as a whipped topping. * Tip: This sweet cream butter, if you make that mistake, is great for muffins, etc. where you’d like sweet cream butter. So, save it in the fridge or freeze it for future use, if this happens to you.
- As it begins to thicken, turn the mixer on for a very short spurt, then off to check and attain a perfect thickness without clumping.
- Alternate layers of whipped cream and sliced strawberries in parfait glasses. Top each with a dollop of whipped cream.
- How to Make Homemade Maple Whipped Cream
- It’s National Strawberry-Rhubarb Pie Day
- How to Make Our Homemade Whipped Cream
- How to Make Amazing Angel Pie
- Happy National Chocolate Pudding Day – How to Make It!