So, here it is…these pancakes are fluffy and tasty, all from scratch, and they’re so worth it.
Type: Breakfast Recipe
Serve With: Drizzle with Maple Syrup
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Yield: 8 large pancakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour – You may use 1/4 whole wheat flour + 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup milk or buttermilk
- 1/2 cup soda water, water or lukewarm tea
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- butter – for frying pan
- Preheat a large fry pan on medium low heat while mixing batter.
- Sift and combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Add wet ingredients and mix until just combined. * Don’t over-mix – it’s better slightly lumpy.
- Add a tiny bit of butter into frying pan just to coat bottom. When butter is bubbling slightly and smells “fragrant”, then you’re ready to put the batter in the pan.
- With a 1/3 cup measuring cup, scoop the mixture in the pan. Pan will fit 3-4 depending on how big you make them.
- When the pancakes have little bubbles forming on the top side, flip them over. They should be golden brown on the bottom.
- When the other side is golden brown, remove from pan and repeat with the rest of the batter.
Now, serve with maple syrup, corn syrup, jams, fruit, whipped cream, nutella, or whatever you love to eat on your pancakes!
I hope you enjoy this Pancake Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Cook Breakfast Crepe-Cakes
- How to Cook Breakfast Date Pancakes with Flax Seeds
- How to Cook Breakfast: Black Currant Pancakes
- How to Cook Classic, Fluffy Pancakes
- How to Make Mint Chocolate Chip Pancakes