Just because it’s healthy, doesn’t mean it has to be tasteless and no fun…
I dare you to eat healthier and more deliciously – try this dressing on your next salad…You’ll be glad you did.
~ Kimberly Edwards
Type: Sauce Recipe
Serve With: Salad,on baked potatoes or as a dip – Perfect for Niçoise Salad
Prep Time: 5 min
Yield: About 6 servings
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt – I prefer Balkan style; Don’t skimp here – get higher fat, organic
- 2 tbsp Kefir – Or buttermilk; Did you know buttermilk is actually low in fat despite the name.
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1 tsp Mayonnaise – Use organic or homemade; I prefer Polish mayonnaise for taste.
- 1 tbsp Chives – Finely chopped; or green onions
- 1 tbsp Parsley – Freshly chopped
- 1 tbsp Dill – Freshly chopped
- 1 clove Garlic – Finely minced
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Powder – or 1/2 tsp wet mustard
- 1 dash Cayenne Pepper
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper – To taste
- 1 pinch Sea Salt – To taste
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients with a whisk or fork until completely mixed.
- Taste test and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over salad, on baked potatoes or as a dip and Enjoy!
* Tip: If dressing is too tangy for you, add 1 tsp honey and mix through.
This is a healthy dressing for any salad. To make it lower in fat, you may use fat free mayonnaise or no mayonnaise at all.
I hope you enjoyed this Homemade Salad Dressing Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
P.S. Tired of chopping Garlic? Maybe you feel you can’t get the pieces small enough? Get a garlic press and solve those problems:
- How to Make Lemon Poppyseed Garlic Chicken Salad
- How to Make a Different Kind of Chicken Salad Sandwich
- How to Make Spicy Cilantro Lime Mayonnaise
- How to Make Pre-Spring Salad
- How to Cook Crab & Scallop Cakes with Horseradish Cream Sauce