Just because it’s healthy, doesn’t mean it has to be tasteless and no fun…
I dare you to eat healthier and more deliciously – try this dressing on your next salad…You’ll be glad you did.
~ Kimberly Edwards 🙂
Type: Sauce Recipe
Serve With: Salad,on baked potatoes or as a dip – Perfect for Niçoise Salad
Prep Time: 5 min
Yield: About 6 servings
- 1 cup Plain Yogurt – I prefer Balkan style; Don’t skimp here – get higher fat, organic
- 2 tbsp Kefir – Or buttermilk; Did you know buttermilk is actually low in fat despite the name.
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1 tsp Mayonnaise – Use organic or homemade; I prefer Polish mayonnaise for taste.
- 1 tbsp Chives – Finely chopped; or green onions
- 1 tbsp Parsley – Freshly chopped
- 1 tbsp Dill – Freshly chopped
- 1 clove Garlic – Finely minced
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Powder – or 1/2 tsp wet mustard
- 1 dash Cayenne Pepper
- Freshly Cracked Black Pepper – To taste
- 1 pinch Sea Salt – To taste
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients with a whisk or fork until completely mixed.
- Taste test and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve over salad, on baked potatoes or as a dip and Enjoy!
* Tip: If dressing is too tangy for you, add 1 tsp honey and mix through.
This is a healthy dressing for any salad. To make it lower in fat, you may use fat free mayonnaise or no mayonnaise at all.
I hope you enjoyed this Homemade Salad Dressing Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
Kimberly Edwards 🙂
P.S. Tired of chopping Garlic? Maybe you feel you can’t get the pieces small enough? Get a garlic press and solve those problems:
[tags]homemade salad dressing, salad dressing, how to make dressing, how to make salad dressing, creamy salad dressing, salad dressing recipe[/tags]
- How to Make Lemon Poppyseed Garlic Chicken Salad
- How to Make a Different Kind of Chicken Salad Sandwich
- How to Make Spinach Ranch Dressing: Memorial Day Celebrations
- How to Make Mom’s Macaroni Salad: Memorial Day Celebrations
- How to Make Creamy Tartar Sauce