I can’t wait to show you How to Make Napa Valley Blood Orange Buttermilk Salad Dressing.
The Napa Valley Vinegar Co. Blood Orange Vinegar that I use in my recipe contains real blood orange puree, which enhances the flavor of the dressing in such a way that the little orange bits cling to all salad ingredients so you get a burst of orange in every mouthful.
The buttermilk mellows out the vinegar, but still allows a delicious tang to remain.
Napa Valley Blood Orange Buttermilk Salad Dressing:
If you don’t have blood orange vinegar, you can use fresh orange, lemon or lime juice, or any other kind of vinegar you choose. It won’t taste quite the same, but the ingredients still marry well, and will still be quite delicious.
Type: Salad Dressing Recipe
Prep Time: 6 min
Yield: approx. 1/3 cup
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 1 tbsp Napa Valley Vinegar Co. Blood Orange Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tbsp buttermilk
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- crushed black peppercorns – to taste
- 1 tsp chives – chopped
- sprinkle of chili flakes
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp sea salt – to taste
- In a small bowl combine buttermilk, mayonnaise, crushed peppercorns, chives, chili flakes, dry mustard and salt, and whisk together, until smooth.
- Add in blood orange vinegar and whisk until all ingredients are well mixed and emulsified.
- Refrigerate dressing until ready to serve.
This dressing is so outstanding that I feel certain you will wish to use it often.
This beautiful Blood Orange Vinegar is made by Napa Valley Vinegar Co. @ WineCountryKitchens.com where they offer a whole line of amazing fruit vinegars such as Chardonnay Peach, Champagne Pear, Cherry Cabernet, Raspberry and Sweet Mango.
This show is brought to you by Wine Country Kitchens – They bring the Napa Valley…to your table.
Do try this recipe for How to Make Napa Valley Blood Orange Buttermilk Salad Dressing, and enjoy this fabulous dressing on your own salads.
- How to Make Napa Valley Raspberry Vinaigrette + Video
- Web Chef Review: Napa Valley Vinegar Co. Blood Orange Vinegar
- How to Make Napa Jack’s Peach Bourbon BBQ Vinaigrette + Video
- How to Make Napa Valley Cucumber Salad with Smoked Paprika & Sweet Mango Dressing + Video
- Web Chef Review: Napa Valley Vinegar Co. Sweet Mango Vinegar