This is a recipe you can complete in 10 minutes without having to cook.
I really enjoy making chicken salads and tuna salads with different, interesting ingredients that make them sing on your palate.
Here’s a Lemon Poppyseed Garlic Chicken Salad recipe that you’ll absolutely love. Be sure to also check out my Different Kind of Chicken Salad Sandwich Recipe for more ideas.
Type: Salad Recipe
Prep Time: 10 min
Yield: Enough for 4 sandwiches on bagels.
If you’re looking for a healthier version, use low-fat mayonnaise.
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below.
- 3 cups chicken – chunked
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise – I prefer Polish-Style
- 1 tbsp plain yogurt – I prefer Balkan Style
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup red pepper – minced
- 1/4 cup celery – minced
- 2 tbsp green onion – sliced
- 1 clove garlic – finely minced
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds – optional
- freshly cracked black pepper – to taste
- sea salt – to taste
- Break chicken into small, bite-sized pieces, but not shredded.
- Finely dice celery stalk by cutting lengthwise into 4, then slicing finely. Dice red pepper & slice green onion. Finely mince garlic clove.
- Add yogurt, mayonnaise, red pepper, celery, green onions, garlic, lemon juice, seeds, pepper & sea salt to taste.
- Mix until chicken is evenly coated with mayonnaise and yogurt.
* Tip: I prefer to eat my chicken salad on poppyseed bagels, wrapped in romaine lettuce leaves, inside of a pita or on crackers.
I hope you enjoy this Chicken Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Make a Different Kind of Chicken Salad Sandwich
- How to Make Healthy Creamy Herb Salad Dressing
- How to Make Crab & Lobster Salad
- How to Make Creamy Tartar Sauce
- How to Make Cucumber Chicken Salad Finger Sandwiches: School Lunch Ideas