Type: Sandwich Recipe
Prep Time: 10 min
Yield: Enough for 4 sandwiches on bagels.
If you’re looking for a healthier version, use low-fat mayonnaise.
- 4 cups chicken – cooked meat
- 1 1/2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp plain yogurt – I prefer Balkan style.
- 1 stalk celery – very finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp black sesame seeds – * optional
- 1/2 tsp flax seeds – * optional
- ~ 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper – to taste
- Break chicken into small, bite-sized pieces, but not shredded.
- Finely dice celery stalk by cutting lengthwise into 4, then slicing finely.
- Add celery, yogurt, mayonnaise, pepper, and seeds.
- Mix until chicken is evenly coated with mayonnaise and yogurt. * Tip: I prefer to eat my chicken salad on poppy seed bagels.
This is also a great way to use up leftover turkey from the Holidays!
I hope you enjoy this Chicken Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
Kimberly Edwards 😀
[tags]chicken salad, chicken salad sandwich, salad, sandwich, healthy recipe, low calorie, chicken, salad[/tags]
- How to Make Lemon Poppyseed Garlic Chicken Salad
- How to Make Cucumber Chicken Salad Finger Sandwiches: School Lunch Ideas
- How to Cook Eggstra Perfect Egg Salad
- How to Make Healthy Creamy Herb Salad Dressing
- You’ve Never Had a Bagel?