This Macaroni Salad with Roasted Peppers & Sun-Dried Tomatoes is a delicious new twist on an old favorite that is a welcome addition to any party or picnic table.
We are used to putting fresh tomatoes & peppers, finely diced, in our macaroni salad, but these ideas give a welcomed change, especially in these beautiful summer months you can get outside & enjoy the weather & the grill.
Also, with the colors of the light macaroni & creamy dressing, along with the bright reds of the roasted pepper & sun-dried tomatoes, this side dish is a perfect addition to any patriotic 4th of July table.
How to Make Macaroni Salad with Roasted Peppers & Sun-Dried Tomatoes:
Type: Salad Recipes
Prep Time: 18 – 20 min
Cook Time: 10 – 12 min
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 pound elbow macaroni – cooked & drained
- 1 large red pepper – roasted, cleaned off & cut into fine strips
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes – finely sliced
- 1/4 cup diced scallions
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp black pepper – to taste
- 1 tbsp minced parsley
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine macaroni, red pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, scallions, salt, black pepper, cayenne and parsley.
- Toss with creamy dressing.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
How to Make Creamy Salad Dressing:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- salt & pepper – to taste
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, heavy cream, mustard & white vinegar in a bowl.
- Mix well, and adjust seasonings, to taste.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
This Macaroni Salad with Roasted Red Peppers & Sun-Dried Tomatoes with Creamy Dressing will adorn your table for 4th of July, and appease those taste buds too.
- How to Make Mom’s Macaroni Salad: Memorial Day Celebrations
- How to Make Creamy Broccoli Salad: Father’s Day Flavor
- How to Make Macaroni Salad with Wheat Crackers & Cheese + Dessert Wrap: School Lunch Ideas
- How to Make Cottage Cucumber Salad
- How to Make Healthy Creamy Herb Salad Dressing