Napa Valley Strawberry Balsamic Rhubarb Pie is full of freshness, and a sweet & sour flavor you’ll crave over & over again.
Napa Valley Strawberry Balsamic Rhubarb Pie:
Review Show: Napa Valley Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar
This recipe’s beloved vinegar comes from Wine Country Kitchens out of Napa Valley. They carry a whole line of these fantastic, sweet, real fruit puree balsamic vinegars. Use them on desserts, fresh fruit, yogurt, ice cream, cheeses, marinades, dressing, as well as in various savory dishes and on meats.
Some of the other fantastic products in their balsamic vinegar line are blackberry ginger, tres citrus, vanilla fig, bordeaux cherry, pomegranate white & barrel-aged. All of them are amazingly delicious.
Playlist: Balsamic Vinegar Recipes + Reviews
Cooking Show: How to Prepare & Store Rhubarb
Cooking Show: How to Bake Mom's Classic Pie Crust
Type: Pie Recipe
Yield: one 9 or 10 inch pie
Prep Time: about 20 min
Bake Time: ~ 55 – 60 min
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Wine Country Kitchens with Kimberly:
Cooking Show: How to Bake Napa Valley Strawberry Balsamic Rhubarb Pie
- 5 cups frozen rhubarb – chopped with its juices
- 3/4 cup strawberry freezer jam
- 1 1/4 cups sugar – plus a dusting of sugar to cover top crust
- 2 – 3 tbsp strawberry balsamic vinegar – I used Napa Valley Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar.
- 3 – 4 drops of vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp minute tapioca
- 4 tbsp corn starch
- 6 tbsp flour – plus bench flour for rolling out the pie crust dough
- 1 large dab butter – to add on top of the filling
- ~ 1/2 tbsp of milk or cream
- 1 unbaked prepared pie crust – either home made or purchased, as desired, with enough dough for a top crust on hand. I am using Mom’s Classic Pie Crust recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Have ready, one unbaked 9 or 10 inch pie crust for the bottom, and enough dough for a top crust, on hand.
- Into a mixing bowl, add the chopped rhubarb, jam, sugar, vanilla, salt, sugar, corn starch, flour and Napa Valley Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar, and mix together, until well combined. After combined, add in tapioca, and make sure it is fully incorporated.
- Taste for sweetness, and add more sugar if needed, for your taste.
- Note: In my case, I added 1 additional tbsp of Napa Valley Strawberry Balsamic Vinegar, just because it tastes so good.
- Set bowl of filling aside for at least 10 minutes, to ensure all flavors have co-mingled.
- Meanwhile, if you are making your own pie crusts, line your pie plate with the bottom crust.
- Ladle the filling into your bottom crust, and distribute it evenly.
- Prepare and place top crust on top of the filling, trim the edges, crimping them well. Cut one large opening in the top crust, or a few smaller openings, to allow the steam to escape. Place a dab of butter in the middle hole, cut into the top crust.
- With a basting brush, brush the top crust with a bit of cream or milk, and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place pie in the oven and bake for approximately 55 – 60 minutes, and the top crust is golden.
- Tip: It’s a good idea to check the bottom of the pie plate, to make sure that the bottom crust has browned well, also.
- Remove pie from oven. Place on a cooling rack to completely cool, before slicing & serving.
Rhubarb pies are one of my very favorite things, and I never seem to get enough of them. I know you will enjoy this recipe as much as we do.
Check out more episodes of Wine Country Kitchens with Kimberly!
Playlist: Wine Country Kitchens with Kimberly
This recipe for how to bake Napa Valley Strawberry Balsamic Rhubarb Pie will be a hit with anyone, who is fortunate enough to share it with you.
Playlist: Strawberry Recipes + Reviews
Playlist: Rhubarb Recipes + Reviews
Playlist: Pie + Tart Recipes + Reviews
- Web Chef Review: Napa Valley Blackberry Ginger Balsamic Vinegar
- Web Chef Review: Napa Valley Bordeaux Cherry Balsamic Vinegar
- How to Bake Napa Valley Vanilla Fig Balsamic Apple Crumble + Video
- How to Make Napa Valley Strawberry Balsamic Jello Parfaits + Video
- How to Make Raspberry Parfaits with Napa Valley Raspberry Vinegar Reduction