Tried and true, mom’s pie crust is strong enough for any filling, yet light, flaky and delicious…Perfect for Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie, Christmas Lemon Meringue, and everything in between!
~ Kimberly Edwards
Serve With: Any pie filling
Yield: 3 large pie shells
1. Put flour, shortening, salt and sugar into a mixing bowl.
2. Using a pastry cutter, cut the shortening into the flour into pea sized pieces.
3. Beat egg in a small bowl.
4. Add liquids and egg to flour mixture and mix thoroughly with a fork.
5. Half the dough, make discs and wrap in plastic wrap to cool for at least 1 hr.
6. After about 1 hr, roll out dough and line pie plate.
7. Follow recipe for your particular pie to see if you should par-bake crust or not.
I hope you enjoyed this Pastry recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
P.S. Need a new Pie Plate? I prefer to use clear, glass pie plates when baking pies…Check out this great deal for only $3.99:
- How to Make a Saltine Cracker Pie Crust
- How to Make a Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- How to Make Amazing Angel Pie
- How to Bake Kimberly’s Scrumptious Sweet Potato Spoonbread
- How to Make My Millionaire Pie