Tried and true, mom’s pie crust is strong enough for any filling, yet light, flaky and delicious…Perfect for Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie, Christmas Lemon Meringue, and everything in between! ~ Kimberly Turner
How to Bake Mom’s Classic Pie Crust:
Type: Dessert Recipe
Serve with: any pie filling
Yield: 3 large pie shells
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups shortening
- 4 tbsp cold water
- 1 tbsp brown sugar – packed, if you are making a pie crust that is sweet.
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- Put flour, shortening, salt and sugar into a mixing bowl.
- Using a pastry dough blender, cut the shortening into the flour into pea sized pieces.
- Beat egg in a small bowl.
- Add liquids and egg to flour mixture and mix thoroughly with a fork.
- Half the dough, make discs and wrap in plastic wrap to cool for at least 1 hr.
- After about 1 hr, roll out dough and line pie plate.
- Follow recipe for your particular pie to see if you should par-bake crust or not. If you’re baking it, it will take between 10 – 14 min or until golden brown.
This is a staple recipe for Mom’s Classic Pie Crust you’ll use over & over again for your pastry needs.
I hope you enjoyed this Pastry Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
[tags]pie crust, crust, pie shell, pie dough, pie, pastry, baking, pies, desserts, Christmas recipe, Thanksgiving recipe, pie plate[/tags]
- How to Make a Saltine Cracker Pie Crust
- How to Make a Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- How to Bake Mom’s Rhubarb Pie
- How to Bake White Bread: Homemade Bread Day
- 7 Tips for Flakier Scones: How to Bake Flaky Scones