This delicious recipe for How to Make Beef Burritos will be a hit whether you serve it for dinner, at a party as an appetizer or main course.
Healthy, hearty and ever-so-tasty, you will be making it a weekly event.
How to Make Beef Burritos:
Type: Main Course Recipe
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Yield: 8 – 10 burritos; 4 – 5 servings
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 1/2 cups pinto beans – or beans of your choice, soaked overnight & drained
- sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp Ancho chili powder – We use Royal Command Ancho Chili Powder.
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika – We use La Chinata Smoked Paprika Powder.
- 1 tbsp jalepeño pepper – seeded, finely chopped
- 2 scallions – diced
- 1/2 green pepper – finely chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 cup salsa – or as desired
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp ground red chili flakes
- 10 flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups Monterrey Jack cheese – more or less, as you wish
- 1 cup cheddar cheese – more or less, as you wish
- Beginning with 3 quarts of cold water, cook beans until tender. Season to taste. Mash beans up and set aside.
- Brown beef with peanut oil, cayenne pepper, pepper, chili powder, paprika, cumin, and chili flakes.
- Add in scallions, garlic, peppers, and stir through.
- When beef is well browned and peppers are tender, drain fat off.
- Stir 3/4 of salsa into bean mixture. Add in half of cheeses.
- Spoon bean mixture into flour tortillas. Then, spoon beef mixture.
- Arrange burritos in an oiled baking dish topping with the rest of the salsa and cheese, and cover with foil. * Tip: At this point, you may opt to BBQ the burritos to make beautiful grill marks, then serve with salsa & extras on the side.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 – 20 min, then serve.
If you wish to freeze burritos, wrap separately in foil tightly. When ready to eat, bake in foil at 350 degrees F for about 35 – 40 min.
Have fun making these Beef Burritos, and serving them to your guests and family.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Cinco de Mayo Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Beef & Pulled Pork Mexican Lasagna + Video: Cinco de Mayo Fiesta
- National Chili Month Brings a Recipe You Will Love
- How to Bake Crunchy Tortilla Chips: Cinco de Mayo Fiesta
- How to BBQ Southwest Burgers
- How to BBQ Pepper Crusted Eye of Round Beef Roast + Video: Cooking Adventures with Kimberly