This is a very popular and prevalent accompaniment with Mexican dishes.
How to Make Pico de Gallo Salsa:
Depending upon what your family’s spice level is, add an appropriate chili pepper.
In this recipe, we’re using a jalapeño, but if you’d like something more mild, try using a sweet Cubanelle pepper or green pepper. If you like extra spicy, you can move all the way up through the pepper ranks to a habañero, if you like, a 5-alarm fire in your mouth!
Type: Condiment Recipe
Prep Time: 15 min
Yield: 2 – 3 cups
- 2 large tomatoes – diced
- 1 – 2 scallions – thinly sliced (or 1 red or white onion)
- 1 tsp cilantro – finely chopped
- 1 tsp jalapeño – very finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- juice of 1/2 lime – freshly squeezed
- In small bowl, stir together tomatoes, scallions, cilantro, jalepeño, pepper to thoroughly combine all ingredients.
- Top with lime juice.
- Allow to stand for 15 min to allow all ingredients to marry.
This recipe on How To Make Pico de Gallo is ideal to eat with corn or tortilla chips or topping for burgers or any other Mexican dishes.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Cinco de Mayo Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Melania’s ‘Killer’ Chimichurri Recipe
- How to Make Breath-Friendly Tomato Salsa + Video: Cinco de Mayo Fiesta
- How to Make Guacam-Olé: National Guacamole Day
- How to Cook Savory Sauteed Papaya
- How to Make Guapa Guacamole