I am so glad I have this recipe for How to Cook Beef & Pulled Pork Mexican Lasagna!
How to Cook Beef & Pulled Pork Mexican Lasagna:
This is amazingly delicious and succulent, and everyone will be asking for second helpings.
Type: Main Dish Recipe
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Bake Time: 30 min
Yield: 6 – 8 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- ~ 2 cups pulled pork – previously prepared, roasted & shredded
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 can diced tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper – cut into strips
- 1 tbsp peanut oil
- 1/2 tsp ground red chili flakes
- 2-1/2 cups Tex-Mex cheese mixture – grated
- 2 ripe medium-sized tomatoes – diced
- 3/4 tsp Ancho chili powder – I use Royal Command Ancho Chili Powder.
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup liquid – water, tea or broth
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1 package of tostada shells
- In a hot frying pan, heat 1/2 tbsp peanut oil and brown ground beef, stirring and breaking up pieces.
- In another smaller skillet, heat 1/2 tbsp peanut oil and gently saute green peppers, stirring from time to time.
- Season ground beef with fresh ground pepper, salt, Ancho chili powder and 1/4 tsp cumin.
- Season peppers with salt, pepper, ground red chili flakes and 1/4 tsp cumin, and cook until peppers have softened, stirring frequently.
- Line the bottom of baking dish with tostada shells, using them in place of lasagna noodle strips. Follow with a layer of pulled pork and cheese. Then, add some of the corn and sprinkle some of the fresh diced tomato in another layer.
- Using some of the canned tomatoes with their juice, squish them over top of the other layered ingredients. * Tip: If necessary, drain any excess fat from ground meat and then, if needed, stir in some liquid into ground meat.
- Arrange another layer of tostada shells in baking pan, followed by a layer of ground meat, and sauteed peppers. Next, another layer of corn, tomatoes, 1/3 of the cheese. Then, again, tostada shells.
- Top with the rest of the cheese and any tostada crumbs that are left.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 min, checking the heat and progress in 15 min. It will have compressed somewhat during cooking, and if it has already browned, cover with foil and continue cooking for another 15 min.
This amazing recipe for How to Cook Beef & Pulled Pork Mexican Lasagna is a real winner – you’ll love it!
I hope you enjoy this Mexican Food Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Piquillo Pepper & Beef Tostadas + Video
- National Taco Day: How to Cook Ground Beef Tacos
- National Chili Month Brings a Recipe You Will Love
- How to Cook Sentationally Stuffed Peppers with Chevre
- How to Make Beef Burritos: Cinco de Mayo Fiesta