Sometimes, burgers are all you need to fill that void. It’s fun to play around with burger flavors, and what is more “summertime” than the southwest flavors of the USA?
Play around with different crumbs to change flavor and add small ingredients to create the flavors you desire.
Check out my Southwest BBQ Burgers!
Type: BBQ Recipe
Serve With: burger fixins like ketchup, mustard, BBQ sauce, avocado or tomato slices, lettuce, salsa
Prep Time: 8 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Yield: 4 large burgers
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp softened butter
- 1/2 large onion – finely chopped
- 1/4 cup red pepper – finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic – finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp cilantro – finley chopped
- 1/8 cup cooked beans – black beans, kidney beans, or pinto beans
- 1 cup corn chip crumbs
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixig bowl until combined evenly.
- Form burger patties with your hands and place on a pre-heated grill (or, if you don’t have a BBQ available, put into a pre-heated frying pan on medium heat).
- Brown on both sides and be sure they’re cooked in the middle. * Tip: The fatter the burgers, the lower you need to cook them on so that the outside isn’t overdone and the inside cooks through.
Enjoy on buns, gourmet bread or by themselves with a side of beans and vegetables. Oh, and be sure to toast those buns too!
I hope you enjoyed this Beef Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
- How to Make the Tastiest Turkey Burgers
- How to BBQ Spicy Cilantro Lime Chicken Burgers
- How to Cook the Best Hamburgers in Town
- How to Grill a Top Sirloin Steak
- How to Grill Buffalo Burgers – My First Taste