This recipe for How to Make Delicious Flour Tortillas is so simple and quick you will be wanting to make them every day.
How to Make Delicious Flour Tortillas:
Type: Bread Recipe
Prep Time: 10 – 15 min
Rest Tim: 50 min
Cook Time: 2 – 4 min each per side
Yield: 12 tortillas
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup rendered pork fat or lard or oil
- 3/4 cup water or milk
- Combine all dry ingredients. * Tips: 1. If using a food processor, add dry ingredients into processor, mix, and then add in fat until finely crumbed, followed by slowly adding in liquid until dough pulls away from sides. 2. If mixing by hand, after combining dry ingredients, using a pastry dough blender, cut in the fat till finely crumbed, followed by making a well in center and slowly adding the liquid until a soft dough is formed.
- Transfer to floured surface and knead well using some bench flour. Dough should be soft and elastic – about 5 – 8 min.
- In a bowl covered with plastic wrap, allow dough to rest for about 1/2 hr.
- Divide dough in half, then in half again. Divide each piece into 3 pieces and make nice round tight balls of each piece – 12 pieces in total.
- Place on a platter, covered with plastic wrap and allow pieces to rest for an additional 10 – 15 min.
- Compress each ball into a circle, then using a floured rolling pin on a floured surface, roll out to about 7 – 8 inch circle.
- In a hot, un-oiled cast iron frying pan, fry one side until it puffs up here and there, then flip over and fry the other side until it is also speckled with brown areas. Continue until all tortillas are done.
Serve tortillas as you please and enjoy your lesson on How to Make Delicious Flour Tortillas.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Cinco de Mayo Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- Boxed Chocolate Bread for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Pumpkin Bread in a Bread Machine
- How to Make Dessert Sopapilla: Cinco de Mayo Fiesta
- How to Bake Kimberly’s Mixed-Up Bread Recipe for the Bread Machine
- How to Bake Cinnamon Sticky Buns: Mother’s Day Delights