It’s Cinco de Mayo, and even if you’re not of Mexican heritage, it’s a wonderful time to celebrate their heritage & culinary prowess.
Mexican food has so many variations, and encompasses many Latin & Spanish dishes as well. Whether it’s Tex-Mex or a South American favorite, these dishes are sure to please the kids with lots of cheese & fun flavors, and the adults with bold, tangy creations.
Now, often Cinco de Mayo is mistaken as Mexico’s Independence Day, but that won’t come until September 16th. The 5th of May commemorates El Dia de la Bataille de Puebla, or The Day of the Battle of Puebla, when the Mexicans were the unlikely victors of a battle against the French in Puebla. This day commemorates the cause of freedom & democracy during the first years of the American Civil War.
Cinco de Mayo Fiesta Menu Ideas:
Here is a great collection of recipes you may want to try when preparing your Cinco de Mayo Fiesta!
Cinco de Mayo can be a celebration for all when you create a gorgeous Mexican inspired meal for your loved ones. Olé!
I hope you enjoy these Cinco de Mayo Food Recipes on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- Get Cinco de Mayo Menu Ideas with Web Chef Kimberly Turner on ‘Tim Denis in the Morning’
- Web Chef Kimberly Turner’s Cinco de Mayo Ideas on ‘Tim Denis in the Morning’
- Catch Cinco de Mayo Recipes from Web Chef Kimberly on ‘Tim Denis in the Morning’
- Tune In: Web Chef Kimberly with Cinco de Mayo Recipes on ‘Tim Denis in the Morning’
- Podcast: Cinco de Mayo Fiesta Recipes with Kimberly on ‘Tim Denis in the Morning’