Roasting vegetables is likely my favorite way to cook them, and today I’m featuring Roast Radishes, Scapes, Beets & Parsnips.
If you have the opportunity to purchase scapes at your grocer, and they look lovely, grab ’em up. They have a beautiful garlic flavor, and a lovely shape as well. Scapes grow from the rhizome of garlic, and has no flower, or leaves.
Roasted beets are definitely a favorite of mine, as they sugars caramelize as they roast, making them quite sweet.
Roasted radishes may be something you’ve never thought of before, but they are absolutely wonderful roasted. Try throwing a few in the next time you’re roasting a melange of veggies.
- Tip: Keep your radish greens, if they look happy & healthy, and use them to cook as a side dish too, just like you would prepare any other greens.
Parsnips are a fabulous root vegetable that is totally underplayed. It’s very similar in shape, as well as flavor, to a carrot, but maybe a cross between a carrot and a bit of celery. Roasted, parsnips are lovely, just as carrots are.
How to Roast Radishes, Scapes, Beets & Parsnips:
This is an eclectic group of vegetables that just works together as a gorgeous & delicious side dish.
Type: Side Dish Recipe
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 2 – 3 parsnips – peeled, ends cut
- 2 beets – peeled, ends cut
- 6 radishes – washed & cut
- 4 – 5 scapes – washed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- freshly cracked pepper – I used my own pepper mixture
- salt – to taste; I used Drogheria Mediterranean Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare vegetables by peeling & cutting off ends, if necessary. Cut into 2 – 3 inch chunks.
- Arrange vegetables in a roasting pan and coat with olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Roast uncovered for 20 – 25 min in oven on 400 degrees F.
- Remove from oven & turn vegetables.
- Return to oven & roast an additional 20 – 25 min or until fork tender.
Serve alongside chicken, beef or pork and enjoy the savory adventure you will experience when you roast radishes, scapes, beets & parsnips!
I hope you enjoy this Vegetable Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Roast Radishes in a Roasting Tray + Video
- How to Roast Carrots in a Roasting Tray + Video
- How to Roast Skewered Cauliflower + Video
- How to BBQ Baked Beets & Radishes: Canada Day Cookout
- How to Roast Kohlrabi + Video