In this recipe, I’m using a fantastically handy roasting tray from Mutt Shop Products.
It’s actually a Jalapeño Pepper Roasting Tray, but it is also versatile enough to handle such things as other small peppers, okra, carrots, even artichokes with longer stems.
This method of roasting the okra keeps it from being excessively slimy, what most people complain about with eating this vegetable, especially in “wet dishes” like soups & stews – a shame, really, because okra is so tasty!
How to Roast Okra in a Roasting Tray:
Type: Side Dish Recipe
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 30 okra pods
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 – 10 peppercorns – freshly cracked/gound; I used black Kampot Peppercorns
- sea salt – to taste – I used Drogheria Red Hawaiian Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss fresh, washed okra with olive oil, freshly cracked or ground pepper & sea salt.
- Placing the roasting tray on a baking sheet, fill the individual holes with 2 okra each – depending upon the size of okra you are using. * Tip: Arrange them so that all the okra are standing straight up.
- Roast in oven on 425 degrees F for 8 – 12 min or until fork/knife tender.
This night, I served this roasted okra with chicken, and a side of rice.
I hope you enjoy this Okra Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Roast Carrots in a Roasting Tray + Video
- How to Roast a Whole Chicken + Video
- How to Roast Skewered Cauliflower + Video
- How to Roast Kohlrabi + Video
- How to Roast Artichoke Hearts in a Roasting Tray + Video