Take the “ho-hum” out of Roasted Carrots…
How to Roast Carrots in a Roasting Tray:
If you want to roast carrots in a different way, maybe even as a conversation piece, try using one of these roasting trays to kick things up in your oven.
Type: Side Dish Recipe
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 4 carrots – peeled (if desired or necessary)
- 1 – 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 – 6 freshly ground peppercorns – to taste; I used Red Kampot Peppercorns
- sea salt – to taste; I used Drogheria Sea Salt with Red Wine
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare your carrots by peeling, if desired or necessary. Cut off the stem top, and slice into carrot sticks like you would eat with Buffalo wings about 6 inches in length. * Tip: Leaving the skins on the carrots is much more nutritious than peeling them.
- In a large bowl, toss carrot sticks with olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Arrange carrot sticks in roasting tray on a cookie sheet, likely 3 carrot sticks per roasting tray hole.
- Roast in oven on 350 degrees F for about 30 min with some water poured into the cookie sheet to create moist heat in the oven. Check on them around 30 min.
- Roast in oven for an additional 20 – 25 min, or until they are fork tender.
- Remove from roasting tray & serve with a fantastic roasted meal.
So, there’s a new & exciting way to roast carrots.
I hope you enjoy this Carrot Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Roast Okra in a Roasting Tray + Video
- How to Roast Radishes, Scapes, Beets & Parsnips as a Side Dish + Video
- How to Cook Sweet Potato Sticks in a Roasting Tray + Video
- How to Roast Sweet Mini-Peppers in a Roasting Tray + Video
- How to Roast Skewered Cauliflower + Video