Going by Harvest Barn Country Markets today, and noticed the most glorious looking radishes…
…The size of small hearts, along with the most beautiful bushy greens I’ve seen around in a long time on radishes.
Immediately, I had visions of grandeur and actually being able to make radish greens for a side dish for dinner. A rarity!
* Tip: When you have radish greens worthy of cooking, you need to wash the whole radish bunch under cold water and immediately remove the stems. Use them quickly – like for dinner.
- 1 bunch radish greens – ~ 2 cups
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp chicken stock – any stock or water
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1 pinch red chili flake
- freshly cracked black pepper – to taste
- sea salt – to taste
- Place a saucepan on flame, pour oil and swirl to coat the bottom.
- Add butter, let it melt and then stir in radish leaves. Let it wilt on medium flame.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Pour chicken stock and wine. Give it a good stir and then add red chili flakes. Cook until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Stir in some butter, if desired and serve immediately.
* Tip: Be sure to clean them well to remove all dirt & sand. The leaves are close to the ground when they grow. 😉
Of course, the radishes had amazing things happen to them in the oven, no less. Search for my show:
I hope you enjoy this Radish Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Southern Greens
- How to Cook Meatballs & Gravy + Video
- How to Roast Radishes in a Roasting Tray + Video
- How to Grill a Spritzer Pop Can Whole Chicken on the BBQ
- How to Cook Hot & Sour Soup