Savory, creamy & very decadent, Foie Gras Pâté is somewhat of an acquired taste & a delicacy.
How to Make Foie Gras Pâté:
It’s easy to make a Foie Gras Pâté using Pan Seared Duck Livers.
Type: Pâté Recipe:
- 1/2 lb ground veal or ground pork – mixed well
- 1/2 lb foie gras, goose or chicken livers – pan seared
- 8 – 10 bacon slices
- 2 large eggs – beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tbsp garlic – minced
- salt & pepper – to taste
- pinch of grated nutmeg
- pinch sweet paprika
- dash ground sage
- 1/4 cup brandy
- Line a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan with 8 – 10 slices of bacon.
- Combine ingredients in a bowl, and mix well.
- Place in the bacon lined loaf pan & seal with bacon strips. Cover with cooking sprayed aluminum foil.
- Place loaf pan in a large roasting pan. Fill with water up to halfway up the loaf pan.
- Bake in a 325 degree F oven, and bake until juices run clear – about 1 1/2 – 2 hrs.
- Cool completely.
- Place a small board or another loaf pan on top of the foil, weighted down with 3 or 4 unopened food cans.
- Refrigerate for 12 hrs or until firm.
- To serve, remove bacon from top of pâté. Run a sharp knife around the edges & turn out the pâté on to a serving platter. Remove the rest of the bacon from the bottom & sides. Slice into aproximately 3/4 inch slices.
Thanks for checking me out on Cooking with Kimberly. Please check out my blog too:
I hope you enjoy this Duck Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Pan Sear Foie Gras + 6 FG Cooking Tips
- How to Cook Bacon Mashed Potatoes + Video: Tailgating Central
- How to Bake Kickin’ Sweet Southern Cornbread from Scratch
- How to Cook Vegetable Bacon Frittata + Video: Cooking like Alpha Beta Pie
- How to Cook Bubble & Squeak: Cabbage, Bacon & Potato Casserole + Video