I like to serve it for an impressive luncheon for friends or surprise visits when I am not prepared for company. I get raves every time I serve it.
How To Cook Vegetable Bacon Frittata:
Once this dish goes into the oven, most all of the ingredients are already cooked, so the eggs just need to firm up a bit.
Type: Breakfast Recipe
Prep Time: 8 – 10 min
Cook Time: 28 min
Yield: 4 – 6 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking like Alpha Beta Pie:
- 5 – 6 large eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 3 – 4 slices of bacon
- bacon fat – to coat pan
- dash of salt
- dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 cup mushrooms
- 1/8 cup broccoli
- 1/8 cup zucchini
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3/4 – 1 cup grated cheddar cheese – or any other cheese of your choice
- 1/4 tsp sweet paprika – smoked is preferable; I use La Chinata Sweet Smoked Paprika.
- Use a saute pan with a metal or ovenproof handle, because the pan will eventually go into the oven. * Notes: be careful when removing it from the oven. Make sure you use oven mitts because it is sizzling hot!
- Lightly brush surface of small saute pan with bacon fat or oil of your choice.
- Chop bacon into small chunks. In saute pan, on medium heat, add in bacon chunks and fry, stirring as it cooks until brownish, and it reaches the crispy stage.
- Remove bacon and drain on paper towel, reserving bacon chunks for the time being. Empty pan of excess fat, leaving about 1 tsp fat in pan.
- Crack eggs into small bowl and season with salt & pepper. Add in milk and whisk until combined thoroughly.
- Gently fry all vegetables in saute pan and add in olive oil, stirring with a wooden spoon or spatula until vegetables are softened. Season with salt and pepper to taste – approximately 4 – 5 min.
- Add in beaten eggs, using a spatula to stir ingredients, and combine till eggs partly set up, but are still wet.
- Even out surface of ingredients in saute pan, sprinkle bacon on top evenly and arrange cheese over top of everything, using as much or little cheese as you desire. Sprinkle sweet paprika and one last sprinkling of fresh ground pepper over top.
- Place pan into 300 degree F oven and cook for about 8 min. When the surface is bubbly and puffed up, remove from oven.
- Allow to cool very slightly. Cut into wedges for serving.
It is very pretty garnished with parsley and accompanied with Sriracha sauce, hot sauce or even sour cream. I think you will find this to be a “go to” dish when you are in a pinch or you are looking for something just a bit different.
This beautiful recipe for How To Cook Vegetable Bacon Frittata is just what you want to serve when you have a house full of hungry people.
I hope you enjoy this Egg Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Mushroom, Green Bean & Cheese Frittata for Breakfast
- How to Cook a Last Chance Omelet: Haunted Refrigerator Day
- How to Cook Southern Style Fried Cabbage + Video
- How to Cook Rice with Bacon, Tomato & Sweet Potato
- How to Cook Bubble & Squeak: Cabbage, Bacon & Potato Casserole + Video