I’m not sure if there is a more festive food for Super Bowl than bacon, and these Bacon Mashed Potatoes will satisfy the hungriest Bronco or Seahawks fan!
How to Cook Bacon Mashed Potatoes:
You won’t believe there’s no butter in these mashed potatoes. That’s almost unheard of, isn’t it? Well, you’ll be surprised at how delicious these clouds of flavor are.
Creamy, bacon-y & just what the referee ordered…Make a whole heap of these!
Type: Side Dish Recipe
Serve with: butter, if you like…
Prep Time: 8 min
Cook Time: 15-20 min
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 4 large potatoes – washed, peeled, 2 inch cubed
- 2 tsp salt – for boiling water
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 tbsp milk
- freshly ground black pepper – to taste
- sea salt – to taste
- 3 tbsp chicken stock
- a few drops water or tea
- Wash and clean potatoes.
- Chop them into 2 inch cubes and put them in a pot of salted water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer & allow to cook until fork or knife tender.
- In the meantime, in a large frying pan, fry bacon and cook until crispy. * Tip: Add a few drops of tea or water to the pan to reduce curling edges while cooking.
- Strain the potatoes, and return to the pot.
- Add cream cheese, milk, pepper, salt, and stock. Mash well.
- Remove bacon from the pan & cool slightly. Once it has cooled enough for you to touch it with your fingers, crumble the bacon.
- Add bacon to the mashed potatoes and stir quickly.
- Serve immediately.
I hope you enjoy this Sports Tailgating Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Instant Garlic Mashed Potatoes + Video
- How to Cook Creamy Whipped Mashed Potatoes from Scratch + Video
- How to Cook Colcannon + Video: St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
- How to Cook Mashed Celeriac: Mother’s Day Delights
- How to Make Mom’s Mashed Potatoes