Once you try this recipe for Avocado Lime Deviled Eggs, you will want to make it frequently.
How To Make Avocado Lime Deviled Eggs:
Eggs are a perfect solution to the afternoon munchies combined with avocados, which are high in omegas. Turmeric & smoked paprika contain magnesium, which assist in weight loss because they regulate your blood sugar levels imparting needed nutrients to your body.
If you prepare them on a Sunday evening, you will have enough to last for a few days during the week when you don’t feel like making snacks.
While on a weight loss program, it’s important to excite your taste buds by using plenty of spices, herbs and citrus, so you aren’t tempted to fall off the wagon by opting for fatty, highly salted, sweet, high-carb foods.
Once tasted, people will be asking you for this recipe.
Type: Snack Recipe
Prep Time: 15 min
Yield: 12 deviled eggs
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 1 large ripe avocado or 1 1/2 small avocados
- 6 hard boiled eggs
- salt and freshly ground pepper – to taste
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 tsp ground smoked paprika powder
- 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp flax seed oil – or oil of your preference
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro – minced
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- up to 1/2 tsp granulated garlic or up to 1/4 tsp ground garlic powder – It’s best to try half of the amount and give it a taste before putting in the rest.
- Peel hard boiled eggs and gently cut eggs in half lengthwise.
- Remove yolks and place them in a medium sized bowl. Set egg whites aside on a tray.
- Slice into avocado lengthwise working around the large seed in the middle. With your hand, twist each side of the avocado in opposite directions and remove the seed. Using a spoon, scoop flesh out of the shells and add flesh into the bowl containing the boiled egg yolks.
- Add in lime zest and lime juice, flax seed oil, cumin, turmeric, paprika, cumin, flax seed oil, cilantro, garlic, salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Using a hand held mixer, combine and mix the ingredients together until soft and fluffy. Taste, and correct the seasonings if required. Mix for another few seconds.
- Pipe or spoon mixture into egg hollows.
- Arrange on tray for presentation, on a bed of lettuce, baby spinach leaves or cress, and sprinkle with bright paprika and a tiny piece of cilantro on each egg.
We love these! Try this recipe for How To Make Avocado Lime Deviled Eggs.
I hope you enjoy this Egg Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Make Deviled Eggs: National Deviled Egg Day
- How to Make Coconut Curry Dip for Seafood
- How to Cook Divine Deviled Eggs
- How to Boil Eggs: Soft Boiled & Hard Boiled + Video
- How to BBQ Spicy Cilantro Lime Chicken Burgers + Video