For those of you who are newbies to this whole cookin’ game, here’s a special post & show for you on How to Boil Eggs…
For athletes, this is an inexpensive protein you desperately need in your diet. Take note!
Type: Breakfast Recipe
Serve With: buttered toast. salt & pepper
Prep Time: 4 min
Cook Time: 10 min
Yield: 1 serving
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy the video below.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a small pot, add water to cover one egg, egg and salt.
- Bring to a boil, and reduce to a simmer.
- Set your timer for what type of boiled egg you’d like listed below.
- Once timer sounds, immediately drain the pot of boiling water with egg in it, and then run cold water into pot continuously in the sink to cool down the egg and the pot.
- Let egg sit for 1-2 min. Drain water, which has increased in temperature again. Flood with more cold water and let sit for another few minutes. * Tip: This cold water trick should help release the membrane that’s hard to peel off with the shell sometimes, from the egg too.
- Extra soft boiled – 3 min
- Soft boiled – 4-5 min
- Yolk slightly runny – 6 min
- Hard boiled – 7-8 min
* Tip: Add ice cubes to the water, if you want to cool the eggs down more rapidly after cooking.
Now, serve these babies with buttered toast, dunk in the soft yolk, if you like, or mash them up and make a great egg salad.
There are so many times you will use boiled eggs in recipes. Become the expert you want to be!
I hope you enjoy this Egg Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Eggstra Perfect Egg Salad
- How to Make Grandma Kasper’s Fabulous Potato Salad: Mother’s Day Delights
- How to Make Mom’s Macaroni Salad: Memorial Day Celebrations
- How to Poach Eggs: It’s World Egg Day
- How to Cook Turkey Scallopini Salad with Gorgonzola