Type: Appetizer Recipe
Prep Time: ~ 45 min
Cook Time: ~ 10 min
Yield: 12 deviled eggs
Nutrition Facts: * Please use organic ingredients whenever possible.
- 6 eggs – should be at least 4 days old
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/8 tsp mustard
- 1/4 tsp sea salt – or to taste
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper – or to taste
- 1 tsp fresh parsley – finely minced
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Place eggs in lightly salted cold water and bring to a boil on medium-high heat for 6 min. Turn off heat and let eggs sit in hot water for an additional 3-4 min. * Tip: Eggs should be at least 4 days old. If they are too fresh, the skin sticks to the egg and won’t peel properly.
- Plunge eggs into very cold water and let sit for 6-7 min.
- Remove eggs from water and let sit at room temperature for 20 min.
- Peel eggs gently, taking care not to damage white of egg.
- Cut each egg in 1/2 lengthwise.
- With a small spoon, remove yolks from egg halved, taking care not to damage egg whites.
- Using a fork, press and mix egg yolks, salt, pepper, cayenne, mayonnaise, cream, mustard and onion powder until fully combined.
- Fill each egg half with mixture equally.
- Sprinkle paprika & parsley over tops of eggs equally.
- Arrange deviled eggs neatly on bed of lettuce on an attractive platter!
What a classic dish…love it!
I hope you enjoy this Egg Recipe on Cooking With Kimberly! Until next time…
P.S. You’ll need a Deviled Egg Tray then…Grab one here:
[tags]deviled eggs, eggs, appetizer, devilled eggs, Easter recipe, Christmas recipe, egg recipe, side dish[/tags]
- How to Make Deviled Eggs: National Deviled Egg Day
- How to Cook Spanish Rice in a Rice Cooker + Video
- How to Make Mom’s Macaroni Salad: Memorial Day Celebrations
- How to Boil Eggs: Soft Boiled & Hard Boiled + Video
- How to Make Avocado Lime Deviled Eggs + Video