How to Cook Spanish Rice in a Rice Cooker:
- Note: Some people call this dish Spanish rice & some call it Mexican rice. Relax…it’s the same thing, as listed on menus & served on tables around the World.
Type: Side Dish Recipe
Prep Time: 5 – 7 min
Cook Time: ~ 20 – 30 min, depending on type of rice you use & how quickly your rice cooker works
Yield: 4 – 6 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 1 1/2 cups Thai rice
- 3 – 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp sea salt – to taste
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 sweet Cubano pepper – minced; or any any other pepper of choice
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- ~ 12 black peppercorns – freshly ground
- 1 fresh tomato – diced
- dash cayenne pepper
- couple dashes of Ancho chili powder – I use Royal Command Ancho Chili Powder
- couple dashes of cumin
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp parsley or cilantro – minced
- Thoroughly rinse rice under cold water in a mesh strainer until water runs clear. Drain and place rice into rice cooker.
- To rice, add salt, butter, chili flakes, ground black pepper, tomato, cayenne, Ancho chili powder, cumin, bay leaf and water. Stir together.
- Close rice cooker and allow to cook till it the light indicates that it’s done.
- Open cooker and fluff up rice. Correct seasonings.
- Remove bay leaf. Garnish with parsley or cilantro & serve.
Super flavorful and delicious as a side dish with any meal, and especially good with Mexican or Latin dishes.
It is easy to learn how to cook Spanish Rice in a Rice Cooker, and it’s a nice change too.
I hope you enjoy this Mexican Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Brown Rice with Lentils: Cupboard Cooking
- How to Cook Beans in a Rice Cooker
- How to Cook Beef & Pulled Pork Mexican Lasagna + Video: Cinco de Mayo Fiesta
- How to Cook Chipotle Crusted Pork Chops + Video
- How to Make Rice More Exciting