We are particularly fond of Asian food at our home and this recipe for How To Cook Beef Flavored Rice is simple, delicious and perfect for serving alongside most Asian dishes, as well as being a compliment to many other cuisines.
How to Cook Beef Flavored Asian Rice:
You all know by now that I like to be creative in my style of cooking, and for this recipe, which is a basic one, you can always add your own touch by adding tiny pieces of meat or vegetables or particular spices that you enjoy.
The rice I use for this recipe is an Asian Rice, not a quick-cook instant style rice.
Type: Side Dish Recipe
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 15 – 18 min
Yield: 4 servings
The ingredients & instructions are listed below the video for measurements & directions. Please enjoy this webisode of Cooking with Kimberly:
- 2 cups Asian rice
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1/4 tsp salt – or to taste; I used Drogheria Persian Blue Salt.
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked pepper – of your choice
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 bay leaf
- Measure out 2 cups of rice, using a strainer, under running water wash the rice by agitating it with your fingers, until all traces of milkiness run clear.
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter and add in rice, stirring it constantly, until it begins to smell nutty and gets a bit of color – about 5 min.
- Add and stir in bay leaf, salt & pepper, making sure not to break up the bay leaf.
- Pour beef broth into sauce pan containing other ingredients. Gently stir, bringing it up to a boil and then reduce heat to lowest setting, cooking for about 10 – 12 min.
- When cooked, remove from heat and with a fork or spatula, gently fluff up rice correct seasoning, and serve.
When you use this recipe for Beef Flavored Asian Rice, you won’t be disappointed; it is virtually non-fail.
I hope you enjoy this Rice Recipe on Cooking with Kimberly. Until next time…
Be a Champion in Your Kitchen & Eat Deliciously!
- How to Cook Asian Chicken Stew with Rice
- How to Cook Mushroom Wine Sauce
- How to Cook Kimberly’s Curried Beef Stew
- How to Cook Spanish Rice in a Rice Cooker + Video
- How to Cook Vegetable Rice Stuffing for Poultry + Video